Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

The flood has hit

I don't know WHAT ever made me think I would have time to keep up a blog once I started teaching again. As I'm really starting to have to juggle class planning and drafts and grading and tasks for the department and whatever else comes along...whew. I'm up to my eyes in it.

And there are things I'd like to get to here, about teaching and about other things. I'll review the new Switchfoot CD, but first I have to get enough time to at least listen to the entire thing once. I want to talk about drums and drama. I want to talk about the transition back into teaching. I'm sure there's other stuff too. Right now, I need to decide whether I can get a couple of drafts dealt with before I go back to class, or if I should read the assignment for tomorrow's class instead.

So, it's still a tough job. I'm still trying to manage my time in such a way that I don't work 70 hours a week, that I maintain space in my life for the other important things. But it ain't easy.

"Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?