Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

Mystery

Like every good American, I feel it is my number one obligation to make an obscene amount of money and then refuse to share it. My latest idea for doing that is to produce a #1 television show, and I think I've got an idea that can't miss.

My new show is called CSI & Order: Special Criminal Death Investigations--Detroit. The show will feature lots and lots of shots of violence in extreme blood-splattering close-up. Every single week the body count will be as high as some 80's horror movies.

The only worry, of course, is that viewers might not be able to tell my show apart from the fifty other shows exactly like it. But we can be sure it would be popular.

I'm not sure why shows like this are popular among a bunch of people who's only direct exposure to violent crime came when they were 10 and a schoolyard bully pushed them down in the process of stealing a basketball. Usually they do involve the bad people getting caught and (hypothetically) punished, probably on some other show about prisons. So maybe it's a hunger for justice. Or more likely, it's some kind of morbid fascination with violence that probably isn't too healthy.

So anyway, the good news is that when I don't watch TV, I have more time for drums and comics.

Comments:
I resemble these comments. :)

Lo
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?