Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Okay

There are those who think that it's impossible for anyone to be my friend merely because I am arrogant, callous, and cruel. But the depth of feeling I can inspire in others is clearly shown in this actual transcript* of a conversation yesterday:

Friend: [makes some declarative statement]
Me: Okay.
Friend: Shut up.
Me: I said "Okay."
Friend: You didn't say "Okay," you said "Okay."
Me: Okay.
Friend: Shut up.

Not everyone can produce so much love and warmth with so little effort.

* "Actual transcript" indicates only that it is, actually, a transcript of some kind. No guarantee of accuracy is intended. But this conversation, more or less, did "actually" happen. The issue, supposedly, was how I said "Okay." But to me, it still sounds like an Abbot and Costello routine.

Comments:
As the other participant in the conversation, I would like to point out that many of Abbot and Costello's problems could have been solved if one of them had simply told the other to shut up.

And it was totally the way you said "Okay." Possibly the smirk had something to do with it, too.
 
I miss you, I really do!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?